Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pilot Pulls His Best Tim Clark, Lays Up on Golf Course


Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is worse than when you're playing a few holes with some buddies, having some laughs, and some idiot lands his plane on the fairway next to you. CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE US ALONE, AIRPLANE?!?!

An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass. The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.

Veteran pilot Brendon Ford says an apparent gauge problem led him to believe he had more fuel than he actually did.


All joke aside, it is nice that Brendon, and all the golfers, were safe after this happened, but I promise you this -- if I'm in a fairway and a goddamn plane is coming at me, I'm leaving the course and going straight to the bar. There are bad omens in golf, and then there is when you might get hit by a plane.

Like rainy days, that day just wasn't your day.

h/t Buzz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. I hate when that happens to me...