Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tiger Woods is Lucky to Have Steve Stricker


Listen, you've been to this website before. You know the drill. We aren't very sappy and we don't try to make you sigh or cry or ahhh. It's just a fun little golf blog that tries to bring up points to make you think.

That being said, the words of Steve Stricker are of what every friend hopefully would have if they were in such a situation as Tiger Woods has found himself in. Stricker spoke articulately this week about his buddy Tiger and what this thing has become. It's touching shit, no doubt. Mr. Stricker, take it away.

It's been hard. You know, just to see what's been going on to him the last few days. I'm not going to kid you; it's -- it was a shock to see that, first of all, he was in a car accident, and then all the developments after that obviously is a shock, too. But yeah, it's been hard. You know, I mean, we all want him here. We all look up to the guy. We all admire what he does and has done on the golf course. You know, I'm not going to kid you, it's taken a little bit of the life out of me being here because usually I'm paired with him here in this event and very much look forward to playing with him the first round, and him not being here, I'm not going to be able to do that ...

... Well, I'm in no category like a Tiger Woods or other celebrity. I can't imagine what kind of microscope that Tiger and other famous celebrities go under on a day-to-day basis. You know, it's a tough question. I don't think it's really any of our business to get inside his private life. But it all drives us to want to learn more, I guess, and I don't know if that's right or wrong. But I respect what he's doing. You know, he's trying to make it as private as he can, and it's just hard because everybody is trying to get a piece of information on really what happened. But we may never know, and I really don't care. I don't really want to know. It's too bad that it happened and that it happened at this time.

Well, you know, I think his image is going to take a little bit of a shot. I think I'd like to see him come on TV and just pour it out a little bit and show what's happened a little bit. I don't know if that'll ever happen. But people forget, and if he just does the right things from here on out, people will forgive him and move on and forget hopefully. But yeah, he's going to take a little bit of a shot, but as far as bouncing back, we all know what kind of person and player and how hard he works at things. So I'm sure he will bounce back. I don't think there's any question that he will bounce back. But it's going to be hard on him for a while, and it sounds like he probably won't play. He usually takes this time off, so we probably won't see him for a while, which is norm for him this time of year. But I expect him to come back and be the old Tiger.


That is a classy guy. Tiger is lucky to have people live Steve in his life.

Getty Images

2 comments: