Monday, June 1, 2009

President Obama Continues to Put Sports First


Stop reading my website if you want, but I like Barack Obama. I like the guy more because of the person he seems to be than the policies he is implementing. Can we all agree that Jesus Christ himself couldn't come down right now and fix our country in five months? I think that is fair.

With that said, I am starting to get a little perturbed with all this "I'm a huge sports guy, look at me go," stuff that Barack has been doing.

It was reported on Monday that Barack has been named honorary chairman at the Presidents Cup (get it, because he's the president! ROTFLMAO!!!), and will be attending the event October 8-11.

The only head of state who did not attend was President George W. Bush in 2005 because of Hurricane Katrina.

Former President Gerald Ford was honorary chairman when the matches began in 1994, and former President George H.W. Bush accepted the role in 1996.

Since then, every active head of state or government in the host country has served as honorary chairman - U.S. presidents Bill Clinton (2000) and George W. Bush (2005); Prime Minister John Howard of Australia in 1998; South Africa President Thabo Mbeki in 2003; and Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada in 2007.


I'm not going to be a hypocrite here because I know that if I was president I'd love to do all the cool sports shit I was invited to, but seriously, our country is about as stable as Tim Clark over a putt to win a golf tournament, so we can all agree that maybe it isn't the best time to be shooting hoops with every basketball team and smiling your way through a golf event that doesn't even really matter? I mean, if this was the Ryder Cup, that'd be one thing, but it isn't and I think maybe we could skip this event and focus on not having car companies that drain money like they're Paris Hilton reblinging redazzling her Bentley.

Alright, my rant is over. Back to jokes about big putter grips. Hooray!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost. JC would have whipped the world into shape in the snap of a finger. EVERYBODY else on the globe would not have done any better than Barack.

Gotta give JC his props.

And, Barack's gotta do something with those toothpick legs...

And, I agree. I am liking Barack a little more every day. Toughest job ib the world. Look what it did to Jimmy Carter.

http://oneeyedgolfer.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post_27.html

The Khaki Crusader said...

Barack looks bad in cargos. Yes, it's true.

Unknown said...

It was specifically stated that there has been no word whether or not Obama will be at Harding Park. Right now this is all some meaningless title. I agree with you in that it would be terrible if he hangs out there all week watching golf, but I would be shocked to see him attend. At the most, if it fits with a travel schedule, I could see him showing up for 30 minutes at some opening dinner or something....but that is unlikely.

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web
thus fom now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks too web.


Also visit my weblog; hhome servies - ,

Unknown said...

ninest123 08.01
christian louboutin, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, coach outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin, kate spade outlet, coach purses, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, coach outlet, true religion outlet, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, nike air max, burberry outlet, ralph lauren polo, nike free, prada outlet, gucci handbags, kate spade, ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, cheap jordans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry factory outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, replica watches, longchamp bags

Unknown said...

salvatore ferragamo, hermes handbags, soccer shoes, iphone 6 cases, nfl jerseys, bottega veneta, insanity workout, longchamp uk, soccer jerseys, instyler ionic styler, celine handbags, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, oakley, valentino shoes, babyliss pro, p90x workout, nike roshe run, north face outlet, nike air max, mac cosmetics, lululemon outlet, ghd hair, softball bats, reebok outlet, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe uk, nike air huarache, new balance shoes, abercrombie, vans outlet, mont blanc, abercrombie and fitch, timberland boots, beats by dre, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, nike trainers uk