Friday, June 26, 2009

And The Dick's Sporting Goods Winner Is ...

.....

........

..........

None other than, Mr. Christian Dix. Woohoo!

Here is his tale of club-tossing ...

I was playing with my dad and brother at the country club my dad had just joined in Pinehurst, NC. My dad plays to about a 4, me to a 6, but my brother really sucks. Our one rule for playing with us is that he has to play fast (because it can get old waiting for him to hit one of his 130 shots a round). Anyway, it was a humid day and my brother was, as usual, complaining about the cursed genetics that gave all the men in my family overly clammy hands (don't knock us, Clooney suffers from this as well). We are on the 6th tee, a par 4 that borders the road in. My brother asked to borrow my father's driver, took a few practice swings, and on his shot attempt ended up losing the club on his follow through and throwing it over the chain link fence and into the street. Well, before my dad or I could muster a word, an oversized SUV ran it over, breaking the driver in two. Needless to say, my brother shot the best round of his life that day - too bad he only played 5 holes...

Nice work. Sounds like a good time.

Also, my buddy Andrew, who I think is basically missing at this point, reminded me that in all the club-throwing excitement, I forgot to mention our recent adventure in Marshall, TX. Basically, I hit a bad tee shot, but we were just having some fun and I tossed my driver as a joke. The non-funny part? It got stuck in a tree, and when my other friend Rusty tossed his club up in the tree, it broke! Still pictures of the event are below ... Enjoy ...





Hope you enjoyed them. Everyone have a great weekend. I'm playing in a golf scramble tomorrow, so I might Twitter some pictures if I find them necessary.

2 comments:

Ottawa Golf Blog said...

Oh! the insanity of a good driver toss. Good story, nice win.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "And The Dick's Sporting Goods Winner Is ..." to our Directory of Sports. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Sportstrove.info Team

http://www.sportstrove.info