Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Mornings Made Better


Good morning America, Welcome to links golf at its pinnacle.

As I am still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, Guinness lover Paul McGinley is in the lead at four-under par. Not to sound like a prophet, but McGinley played the first 14 holes six-under and has bogeyed both 15 and 16.

Maybe the biggest story so far is the weather. No, not high winds or major gusts, it is more the cold weather, with temperatures dipping in the low 50s this morning and everyone snuggled in sweaters and rain gear.

Some notable players that have already posted their rounds include U.S. Open champion Michael Campbell, who finished with a three-under 68. Tiger Woods has also finished his round and is comfortably in at two-under, currently in a tie for fifth with the likes of Ryan Moore and John Daly? Is that right?

Some of the golfers heading the other way include David Love III (surprise, surprise) who opened with 79 and Geoff Ogilvy who opened with 75. So far, six rounds in the 80s have been recorded.

Continued updates will follow throughout the day.

Photo courtesy of Stuart Franklin/Getty Images

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.

Is it very difficult to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.
I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start.
Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

Feel free to surf to my web page :: Best robotic vacuum