Friday, July 20, 2007

Interesting First Five Minutes of Round Two


Well, I just opened my wee little eyes, turned on the British Open and see Sergio Garcia hole a ten-footer for par on 18 to shoot even par in his second round.

At the exact same time, on the first hole, Tiger Woods just hit one of the most inexplicable golf shots I can remember the champion swinging. Woods pulled his two-iron on the first hole into what looked like a burn that is out of bounds.

I remember the first hole at Carnoustie, and that burn wasn’t even really in play. I mean, hitting an iron out of bounds on that hole left would be like pulling a nine-iron into the ocean on 18 at Pebble.

If Tiger can make par on his second ball, he’ll be at even for the tournament, six shots back of our leader, Mr. Garcia.

Photo courtesy of Bob Martin/SI

No comments: