Monday, June 20, 2011

Tiger Woods Predicted This McIlroy Thing, Ya Know


Digging through some archives, I found this little nugget from all the way back in March of 2009, and I thought I'd share it. This is Tiger Woods speaking on Rory McIlroy.

Here goes ...

"There's no doubt," Woods said. "But hopefully it's not while I'm around," he added, laughing. "Certainly he has the talent. We can all see it. The way he hits the ball, the way he putts, the way he can chip, and get up-and-down. He has the composure and all the components to be the best player in the world. It's just a matter of time and experience and then gaining that experience in big events. That just takes time and, I mean, geez, he's only 19. Just give him some time and I'm sure he'll be there."

I hate to tell Tiger this, but it seems McIlroy is there during your time, and sadly, you are not.

Still, cool to see him say this more than two years ago, and now with it rolling out, getting to watch what others say about him now.

Getty Images