Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Quick 'Happy Father's Day' To My Pops


I just wanted to send out a quick message and say Happy Father's Day to my dad. If it wasn't for my father, I would have never got into this game. I played baseball and football and basketball, and loved them all. I saw his passion for this game of golf but I could never see myself getting that into it. I was more into being active and thought golf was reserved for those that couldn't hit a curveball or bury a three.

When I first starting playing, my dad say some talent in me. He wanted me to be great. He pushed me and pushed me some more and made me try harder than I ever would have without him around.

I loved playing well because I was trying to prove that I was as good as he thought I was.

These days, my favorite rounds are with my pops. It doesn't happen as much as I wish it would, but when I get 18 holes out with him, I'm excited for weeks. It isn't really as much about the golf, but as busy as my dad is with work, and as much as he hates sitting around and just chatting about things, the golf course is a perfect place for us to spend a few hours just being us.

So to Monte, and all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day. You guys mean a lot more to us than we sometimes give off, and life is way better with you around, pushing us, praising us, and just making our lives better each day.

We love y'all.

No comments: