Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh, Canada! Country Takes to Twitter for Tiger


When Tiger Woods joined Twitter, I wasn't so sure the relationship would work, but I've never lived in an igloo, so what do I know?

That's what some Canadian Open organizers are trying to work out right now. The 2011 Maple Leaf Open is set for the week after the British, but our northern neighbors are basically getting on one social networking knee and begging Woods to make it to their event.

Organizers are asking fans to send Tiger tweet messages, replies and whatever else they can to beg him to make it up to the event Woods won in 2000.

Honestly, it isn't a horrible idea. Do we think Tiger really is checking his UberTwitter ten times a day like the rest of us? No, probably not, but the idea at least gets people like myself and others writing about it, and I'm sure the question will be tossed Tiger's way in an interview or two.

I'd guess that Woods already has his entire schedule made up for this season, and probably isn't going to make that long flight after the British to Canada, but it does bring on a whole other aspect of social media; begging.

1 comment:

PPP - PennyPencilPixel said...

Thanks for this. Definitely gonna try to push my fellow Canadians to join the cause to get Tiger to play our Open. I know its not as prestigious for him. But it would be an honour for Canada to see Tiger play and maybe even win our Open.