Sunday, November 7, 2010

This White Cobra Driver Is Sweet


It's funny, a few months ago when TaylorMade was starting to release the Rossa ghost putters (btw, I have one, and it's awesome), I predicted that it would be just a little before they came out with a white driver, like the one John Daly used to rock in the early '90s.

Well, you snooze you lose, because Cobra released a white-head driver, and it's awesome looking.

It's a limited edition ZL driver, and it will hit your pocketbook around $625, but there is no price on being the coolest guy on the range. No word if there are any lefty heads, but if I find out I'll let you know.

3 comments:

greenfee said...

Back in the 70s I rubbed down and resprayed my wooden driver many times just using car respray can lacquered over.
I must have had the only purple and yellow driver in existence!
The Cobra driver looks fantastic but at $625 I wouldn't dare hit the thing.
Anyone buying one better be able to play a bit but I suppose there are a lot of "all the gear but no idea" merchants out there that easily parted from their cash. :-)

John said...

"there is no price on being the coolest guy on the range."

Clearly there is, and it's around $625.

Johnirby said...

It looks sweet, but for $625, I would expect it to come with its own Iron Byron!