Monday, June 7, 2010

Yep, Phil Mickelson Is Still Crazy, Part 2

You're standing on a cart path, trying to figure out the best place to play a shot from 250 yards. At what point does, "you know, on the cart path makes the most sense" cross your mind? Never? Ever?

Phil Mickelson was the 15th at the Memorial on Sunday, and was in desperate need of a birdie. He had hit his drive in a creek so an up and down with a fairway wood was his only chance.

What did he do? He tried to draw the damn thing off concrete. I have no words. Just watch this looney tune.



I truly believe that most of the time, Phil cares about his golf game, but much like LeBron James, sometimes the drama overcomes sense and sensibility. Do me a favor, if you have an extra three-wood lying around your apartment.

Go try to make a hook golf swing with it on your parking lot. Oh, and then go to the doctor for your obligatory wrist injury.

You're a crazy cat, Philly. (Oh, and in case you were wondering, he made double-bogey here.)

2 comments:

chris_villasenor said...

He should have only made bogey there considering he missed that 3-footer (leaving himself ANOTHER 3-footer) so it was a least a minor miracle. Only a guy who gets free golf clubs plays that shot off the cart path.

Heather Kerrigan said...

Call me crazy, but this is why I love Phil. He's a blast to watch. And sometimes his insane shots pay off.

BTW, I have several extra 3-woods in my garage. Although devilishly tempted by your suggestion, I think I'll spare my wrist.