Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dana White, UFC President, Dogs Golf in Sporting Analogy


Call me fruity, feminine or wimpy all you want, but I can't stand UFC. I think it is arguably one of the lamest "sports" to come around in the past 20 years, and would much rather sit around and watch Lindsay Lohan try to solve a Rubik's Cube for six hours than two men fighting with Affliction shirts on.

That would put me on the side of "non-UFC fan," and as UFC president Dana White said so eloquently to "Vegas Seven" magazine, I need to just get over it.

White was asked about people like myself and decided that the best possible analogy would be one dogging my favorite sport, golf. Here goes.

"If you don’t like it, and you’re not into it, fuck it—don’t watch it," he says. "I don’t like golf. You know what I do? I don’t fucking watch it! What’s golf? A bunch of rich dicks walking around in stupid clothes and hitting a fucking ball. If we stopped that shit, we could build housing for people who can’t afford it on that land. And you have a problem with UFC? Come on, man. Everyone’s gonna have their opinions. I’m not gonna change that."

Hum. See, here is something that normally works. When you're complaining about something, you bring in another topic that you clearly know nothing about to prove your point, and come off looking just as ignorant as the people you're screaming about.

White said golf is "a bunch of rich dicks" that wear "stupid clothes"? What, did the guy watch "Happy Gilmore" on repeat before this interview?

Also, nice call on the "if we burned down all the golf courses we'd have more room for houses for poor people" point, because if I've heard poor people complaining about not having enough land to put up their mansion once, I've heard it a million times.

Listen Dana, I'm not going to watch UFC because it doesn't fit my style, but I'm not sitting here calling everyone that does it steroid monkeys that would be best served guarding prisons and not beating each other up for money. I have buddies that like UFC and that is fine, I'm sure that if I got into it I'd think it was cool as well. Just don't sell yourself short by calling out another sport like golf, that has been around for centuries and continues to be one of the most popular pastimes in our world. Maybe people aren't bleeding after 18 holes, but I'm sure as the sun rising in Arizona that you'd have a hard time hitting the ball if you tried, just like I'd have a hard time landing a punch of Rampage Jackson.

6 comments:

Roody said...

Dana White has a habit of saying stupid things... a lot. Like how every single upcoming UFC fight is going to be "the greatest fight in the history of fighting".

I love playing golf more than any other sport. I've also found myself catching a few UFC fights lately. I'm not sure why people have to diss other sports just because they don't play that sport themselves. I don't like Nascar or horse racing, but to each his own.

It's like the same crap I get from certain friends of mine who say that golf shouldn't be considered a sport because people like Craig Stadler can excel at it. It's a tired debate that's not worth arguing.

Anonymous said...

i like golf, and the UFC. but i'm not going to get all emo butthurt because someone in one sport said something negative about mine, regardless of what side i'm on. get a life sensitive boy. he was just using an analogy because all other sports, he likes. personally i understand why someone could feel that way about golf having never tried it.

John F Duval said...

"What is golf? A bunch of rich dicks walking around in stupid clothes..."

Dana White is not only rich, but he's also a dick and he wears the stupid Affliction shirts just like all the other self-appointed tough guys that follow MMA. Oh, the irony...

Unknown said...

lebron james shoes
nike air max
tiffany outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
ferragamo outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
coach outlet store online
swarovski jewellery
nike free 5.0
coach factory outlet
20170113lck

Unknown said...

hogan outlet online
authentic jordans
adidas ultra
adidas nmd
air max 2017
michael kors outlet online
michael kors
michael kors handbags
longchamps
huaraches shoes

Unknown said...

adidas ultra boost
nike polo shirts
nike air max 2017
cheap jordans
pandora charms
yeezy boost 350
nike huarache
air jordan
longchamp
lebron james shoes