Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


First, it's already Thanksgiving? What the hell happened to 2009? Thanks a lot, '09. This is what it feels like to be older.

Anyway, a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Just a few thoughts from the golf world on things I'm thankful for ...

I'm thankful for drives that never leave your line, good lies in the rough and putts that lip in. I'm thankful for sandys, hot cart girls at cheap golf courses and free range balls ... having your favorite yardage (mine is 103) when the green is surrounded by trouble, hitting par-5s in two and finishing the eagle putt. Thanks for crisp 4-irons, bunker saves and post-round beers with buddies. I'm thankful for the opportunity to play 18 holes with my dad and my uncle in the same foursome, and I'm thankful for anytime my buddies and I get to hit the links in the afternoon to pack in as many holes as Mother Nature will allot us. Gracias for brand new Pro V1 X's, tacky grips and mishitting a shot that turns out alright. I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity to live in a place where I can golf year-round, for how pristine the fairways at Troon North are and par saves when you short-side yourself. I'm thankful when my mom comes out and watches me play, and no matter what I finish with, she says I played well. I'm thankful for the photo that lead this article, and the opportunity to hopefully teach my nephews how to play this crazy game that we love.

Also, I'm thankful for this site. I'm thankful I get a chance to write about golf and for some reason, people read it. So, thanks.

I hope everyone has a Happy Turkey Day. Eat a lot (oh, and thankful for Danielle Ate the Sandwich ... awesome).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good write-up. I absolutely love this website.
Stick with it!

Feel free to visit my web blog: shed pounds with Zyloslim

Unknown said...

Youre definitely one in a million, keep Spartagen xt up the good work.The Union Hotel is out favorite restaurant. We live in the Santa Rosa area and look forward to heading away to quiet Occidental and especially to the serenity of the Union Hotels patio with the red bud lilac and bubbling fountain. The food is fantastic piping hot pizza dough bread sticks arrive immediately along with the French bread in the bread basket. The tadpole is so creamy because its made with real cream.For more ==== >>>>> http://www.healthcaresups.com/spartagen-xt-exposed/