Wednesday, August 5, 2009

That's a LOT Of Waffles


By now you've all heard about Phil Mickelson's goal to be the Magic Johnson of Waffle Houses. He wants to own a string of them in the Southwest, confirming this fact at his Wednesday news conference at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.

According to my buddy Larry who is a chef at a West Texas IHOP reports, Mickelson put a bid in for, get ready for it, $20.2 million for the 105-restaurant group.

GS Acquisitions (Mickelson's group) became interested in buying the SouthEast Waffles franchise because all three men enjoy eating at Waffle House, though none of them has any restaurant experience, [GS executive Terry] Pefanis said. Pefanis said the men saw a good business opportunity based on the restaurant chain's location in the Southeast region and recent profits.

I'll hold off on the "I can't believe Mickelson is a fan of Waffle House" jokes, but I will say that I think anyone that buys a Waffle House (or eats at one, for that matter) is a friend of mine. When I was 12, I used to go and get the All You Can Eat Kids Buffet for like $2.99, and I'd get a waffle, eggs, hashbrowns (diced), bacon and sausage, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person still fairly skinny that had the diet regularly. Hell, I'm surprised I'm still alive looking back at that.

Also, I once had a lady serve a waffle with a fly in the syrup, and when I brought it up with her she bellowed, "You'll have to pay extra for the meat."

I've had many goals in my life, but I just thought of one as I typed this story out -- I want to own a Waffle House before I die. Come on, who's with me?!?!

Hello?

Anyone?

Is this thing on?

(Also, mini-contest for readers. If anyone can make me a t-shirt with the above billboard on the front of it (my surname would be proud), I'll send out two sleeves of Pro-V1s.)

3 comments:

Freedo said...

Athletes are phenomenal investors. They have such a long track record of success in uncovering undervalued opportunities.

Unknown said...

ninest123 08.01
christian louboutin, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, coach outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin, kate spade outlet, coach purses, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, coach outlet, true religion outlet, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, nike air max, burberry outlet, ralph lauren polo, nike free, prada outlet, gucci handbags, kate spade, ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, cheap jordans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry factory outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, replica watches, longchamp bags

Unknown said...

salvatore ferragamo, hermes handbags, soccer shoes, iphone 6 cases, nfl jerseys, bottega veneta, insanity workout, longchamp uk, soccer jerseys, instyler ionic styler, celine handbags, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, oakley, valentino shoes, babyliss pro, p90x workout, nike roshe run, north face outlet, nike air max, mac cosmetics, lululemon outlet, ghd hair, softball bats, reebok outlet, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe uk, nike air huarache, new balance shoes, abercrombie, vans outlet, mont blanc, abercrombie and fitch, timberland boots, beats by dre, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, nike trainers uk