Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bloggers Pick PGA Champion


The golf blogging community is a fairly tight-knit group. We have some great websites all around the web that produce original content that makes you laugh, smile and even think (wait, bloggers making us think?!?!!!).

I asked some of the best on the net who they thought might win this week, in a segment we will begin for each of the big tournaments. Here is what we thought of the Players. Here is who we liked at Bethpage Black and at Turnberry. Now comes Hazeltine.

Neil at Armchair Golf Blog
-- Put me down for Tiger Woods.

Ryan at Waggle Room
-- It's a prereq this year that a contender must be over the age of 45, then fall flat on their face. So, I'm going with who Billy Kratzert suggested to me on the phone today: Tom Lehman. Minnesota native, had a good finish at the Transitions Championship, and could still get it done. Why not, right?

Vince at One-Eyed Golf Blog -- Luke Donald has given no one any indication lately he can break 80, so he is a natural pick for a "no pickin' knucklehead" like me...

Cash at Bushwood Country Club
-- Kenny Perry

Michael at Aussie Golf Blog -- Ah, Stewart or Angel, Stewart or Angel. I'll go with Stewart Cink. His form has continued since Turnberry.

Stephanie at Wei Under Par -- I'm going with Angel Cabrera. He just shows up for majors with his "I don't give two shits attitude but I'm going to play well." He finished well last week, too (T4). He plays a high fade and bombs it off the tee (I've heard Hazeltine is long only a few times). Come on, Angel -- please make me look smart.

Patricia at The Golf Girl's Diary
-- You know the drill Mr. Bacon, put me down for the BPNWM ... again (Sergio).

Me, at FanHouse and Dogs Chasing Cars -- I never do this, and you all know it, but I'm picking Tiger Woods. I hate to do it, but the guy is the hottest athlete in the world right now and can't go majorless for the first time since '04.

Who do you like?