Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Anthony Kim Out at the Hope


If there is one golfer that is slowly making the Big Two (Woods and Mickelson) the Big Three, it is Anthony Kim.

I have been asked this off-season as much about Kim as I have about Tiger's knee or Phil's recent major slump. People fawned over the young buck at the Ryder Cup and non-golf freaks seemed to warm up to his youthful exuberance (first time I've ever said that in my life).

After his t-2 at the Mercedes Championship in Hawaii (I guess he didn't get the memo that big names skip that event now), Kim was supposed to tee it up at the Bob Hope this week but is pulling out because of a sore shoulder.

`I had so many friends and family coming to watch,'' Kim said in a statement. ``We don't consider my shoulder to be anything too serious, and I don't expect to miss extended time, but it is important to be cautious with it at this early stage in the season.''

The Hope now doesn't have a golfer in the field ranked in the top-15 in the world. Bummer.

Sam Greenwood, Getty Images

3 comments:

niel said...

The Hope now doesn't have a golfer in the field ranked in the top-15 in the world.

For those guys, time=money, and I'm sure the fact that the Hope is a 90-hole event isn't too enticing.

Shane B. said...

And the fact that you might have to play with Alice Cooper.

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to search online, only your site open up the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Kris