Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Umm....is there any golf tomorrow?


Just because it is 8:21 PM in Scottsdale and I'm watching "Entourage" doesn't mean I can't be completely excited about what comes tomorrow.

If I was five years old, this would be Christmas Eve and I'd be anticipating my new bike or train set. With that, here are ten things I'm completely giddy about come Masters Thursday.

10.) The first "hello friends" from Nantz (doesn't he know how golf-dorky this sounds?).
9.) The odds on the first person to putt off the green on 13 (i'm voting for Fuzzy even though I think Vijah at 12-5 wouldn't be bad at all).
8.) When Nantz reminds us that we'll have 56 minutes of coverage to the hour.
7.) Any "wind" conversation when the first person throws grass in the air on the 12th tee (don't the announcers know we UNDERSTAND that the wind swirls?).
6.) When Joe Ford introduces us (and his eight necks agree with what he's saying).
5.) "And here is David Howell from the SECOND CUT."
4.) 40-30=70 (if Tiger does this, I think the rest of the field should book flights for Friday).
3.) The Masters music.
2.) Mickelson's anti-Tim Hardaway smile throughout the day, no matter if he's eight under or 12-over.
1.) Butler Cabin, The Eisenhower Pine, the U.S. Amatuer and the Masters Champion, Arnie hitting the first shot, the Sarazan Bridge, Amen Corner, the 44 bunkers, the "random" name at the top of the leaderboard until late Saturday night, the Green Jacket, the Crystal Eagle Goblets, the par-5's, the Tiger chase and remembering stuff like 1986, 1997 and 1960.

I'm excited about everything. Hurry up Thursday, and leave presents under my Cox Communications remote.

No comments: