Monday, July 6, 2009

Scotland, Here I Come!


My bags are all packed (I'm bring more stuff than the pilgrims did our way), and my golf clubs are nice and shiny and the golf towel got its first wash in months, so it must mean I'm ready to head across the pond.

I leave tomorrow afternoon on my three-flight excursion, but wanted to let everyone know a couple of things.

First, I'll have a Flickr page (right here) that you can check to see updated photos. Basically, at night when I'm at the bed and breakfast after 11 Tennets, I'll be trying to make funny captions about the day. Follow me as a buddy on Flickr and you might win a high five.

Second, I'll be Tweeting like crazy over in Scotland. Follow me here, and enjoy the pics and stuff I'll be sending around while driving on the wrong side of the road, trying not to hit any sheep.

Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, The Old Course, The Castle Course, Carnoustie and possibly Kingsbarns, if it's lucky. That is the lineup. I'll be reporting from the trip. Follow along and comment at will.

Have a great week everyone.

7 comments:

Michael Green said...

All the best Shane. To say we're all jealous would be an understatement. We all like our golf days in the sun but I'm hoping you get to experience some reall Scottish golfing conditions. That's what I want to hear about!

Gene Oberto said...

Shane,

What? No attempt to conquer Dukes?

The Armchair Golfer said...

Have fun, Shane. Safe travels.

Shane B. said...

Geno,

I actually enjoy my ass and do not like having it handed to me.

Dukes = the Devil

/might sneak up there anyway :-)

Gene Oberto said...

Shane,

You're preaching to choir, Brother, re: Dukes!

I have a friend who worked for the Trust who told me that they made extensive changes to The Castle Course-they reshaped a bunker I think. St. Andrews is a great town. The history, the golf and, when the college is in session, all give that town a buzz that most don't realize. After all those years watching the Open, the picture of me on the Swilcan Bridge is one of my personal treasures. Have a pint for me at the Dunvegan Hotel.

Unknown said...

nike air max, bottes ugg pas cher, uggs on sale, montre pas cher, uggs outlet, gucci, uggs outlet, lancel, replica watches, uggs on sale, vans scarpe, hollister, thomas sabo uk, coach outlet, ray ban, toms shoes, louboutin, karen millen uk, links of london uk, converse, supra shoes, swarovski jewelry, juicy couture outlet, uggs on sale, wedding dresses uk, hollister, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, polo ralph lauren, converse shoes outlet, pandora jewelry, ugg uk, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, pandora uk, marc jacobs, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski uk
ninest123 08.01

chenlina said...

louis vuitton outlet
coach factory outlet
air jordan pas cher
ugg uk
michael kors handbags
oakley outlet
pandora jewelry
adidas outlet
ralph lauren uk
kate spade
adidas yeezy
cheap ray ban sunglasses
hermes handbags
ugg slippers
retro jordans
oakley vault
boston celtics jerseys
louis vuitton
ralph lauren outlet
polo ralph lauren
uggs on sale
jordan shoes
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
toms shoes
toms outlet
kobe bryant shoes
louis vuitton outlet
uggs pas cher
coach outlet store online clearances
ugg outlet
nike roshe flyknit
jordan 13
ghd hair straighteners
burberry outlet online
adidas originals shoes
uggs for cheap
tory burch handbags
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton
chenlina20160819