Friday, June 27, 2008

PGATour.com Has Video, and It's Almost As Annoying As ESPN

I just got an Apple Macbook the other day (you know, with the platters of money Blogspot pays) and it's actually a new one with features like "not crashing every six seconds" and "being able to open pages without freezing." Technology, it blows me away sometime.

Anyway, I now have the ability to have video pop up on my screen without me asking, which goes on over at ESPN even if I'm sleeping, but most don't know they have the same type thing on PGATour.com as well.

Yep, they have video like this one right here.

Now, I'm with the group that finds it slightly pointless to critique other journalists work, but come on, someone has to say something about this video, right?

First, it just appears like a canker sore without clicking anything at all, and then you have this blond girl, who is pretty smoking, but shakes her head and eyes and her hair and everything so much she'd break a Richter Scale. Plus, and I'm not positive on this, but I guess it's a rule at PGATour.com broadcasting school that the use of a "pause" or "period" is outdated. Win McMurry, no worries, I'm blaming the damn Teleprompter operators!

Anyway, if you ever wanted to get busted at work checking golf scores, click on PGATour.com and have your volume on about six. The boss will hear it no matter what part of the office he or she is in.

(To be honest, it's nice to have a video around that recaps golf, even if every time I watch it I'm reminded to take my Ritalin. I think you're cute Win and doing a lot more with your journalism degree than I, so just smile (and blink, a lot).)

No comments: