Sunday, June 8, 2008

Leonard Wins, Immelman Almost Wins (Damn)

Justin Leonard won the Stanford St. Jude Classic Championship today, edging Robert Allenby and Trevor Immelman on the second playoff hole.

I hate to say it, but I was rooting pretty hard for Immelman.

The guy was a nobody before inexplicably winning the Masters in April and now he had a chance to pull a Zach Johnson and win a second tournament soon after your first major championship.

I like when guys like Immelman win stuff like this because it gets everyone off your back and you are way more comfortable on tour.

"Whew, now everyone knows me grabbing that green jacket wasn't some fluke and I won't be Todd Hamilton or something."

Also, not to keep talking about Immelman, but the man did birdie the last three holes to get in the playoff.

All the U.S. Open hullabaloo starts tomorrow, but I'm going to go ahead and say the winning score is even par and Phil Mickelson will be in the final group. If Tiger Woods wins this thing, I honestly will push the Senate to check this guy like he was an extra in "X-Men 4."

No comments: