Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pebble Peregrinating -- Back to Reality



All week, I will be out at Pebble Beach, playing golf, soaking in the sun, and enjoying the incredible function that is Lexus' Champions for Charity (#lexusc4c). These are my ramblings throughout the week.


Nothing is really as depressing as the day you have to leave from something incredibly special. I'm sure people feel this way on Honeymoons, when the day you leave is really the first day of the rest of your life and the excitement of everything that just went down is finally over. For me, the wheels coming up at the Monterey Airport was, for the second straight year, a somber moment, mostly because it's tough to be somewhere so special, with so many great people, and then leave it.


That said, I couldn't have had a better time. The people at Lexus and Octagon make Champions for Charity a must-visit, and throughout the next few days, I will have different posts highlighting those things. But before I get back to recounting the week, I must say that it's pretty remarkable that an event could raise over $30 million for charity as Champions did this year and be so much fun for everyone involved. Pebble Beach is a special place, and everyone that comes to the event can't wait to get back.  Seeing their faces, and reactions, and talking to all the people involved really made me appreciate this year even more than last, because I feel I really could see the fun they were having while helping an incredible cause. 

One of the funniest moments of the week came on Thursday night, when I was talking to a couple of great guys from Chicago. They still had two more days of golf left, but the only thing they could think about in between laughs and jokes about their score was what the heck they had to do to get back next year. Today begins that journey for them, and hopefully, for you. Trust me when I say this; finding a way to the event in 2012 will be one of the smartest things you can do for yourself, and for others. It should be on your Bucket List, and hopefully, maybe, I'll be there to have a glass of wine with you and just enjoy life in a fairytale land. 



More to come on Monday. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your perspective on all things golf but please, for the love, use WAY fewer commas in your writing.

Anonymous said...

Shane, how can one get invited/join this awesome event?
Also, saw someone won a Lexus for a hole-in-one this year, did that happen last year as well?

...hope I didn't use too many commas

seak said...

Ummm, I'd love to play in this, but unless I randomly inherit a trust fund nobody in my family even suspects exist, I think I'm S.O.L.

Shane B. said...

Anonymous #1, sorry,,,,

Anonymous #2, I will write up the info on how to join and put it up this week, but basically, you have to bid at charity events around the nation and win them. Again, I'll fire out better info later this week. In the meantime, check out this link.

Shane B. said...

And Seak, you're WRONG. A group of guys I really liked bought a $100 raffle ticket and won a trip to Pebble, all expenses paid. So there IS A WAY!!

Also, are you okay with the commas?!

seak said...

Ok, lottery is cool. The info I saw online was all about bidding.

I didn't really notice any issues with commas. It read fine to me :)

Unknown said...

herve leger, ferragamo shoes, new balance, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, mac cosmetics, nike roshe, asics running shoes, oakley, vans shoes, north face outlet, baseball bats, reebok shoes, insanity workout, birkin bag, babyliss, valentino shoes, mcm handbags, beats by dre, nike trainers, mont blanc, p90x workout, nike huarache, ghd, instyler, timberland boots, celine handbags, jimmy choo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, iphone 6 cases, nike roshe, soccer shoes, nike air max, longchamp, chi flat iron, hollister, soccer jerseys, north face outlet, bottega veneta, lululemon, wedding dresses