Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Somebody That Isn't Me Might Win a Day Date with Natalie Gulbis


See, this is why I need to pay more attention. RSM McGladrey, a company that looks to have a lot of letters in the wrong place, teamed up with Natalie Gulbis to do some "write a story about who is behind your success and win a chance to hang out with Natalie Gulbis in Las Vegas." I mean, doesn't this have perfect storm written all over it? Date with Gulbis in Vegas? Is there an open bar? Does any part of this take place at the Spearmint Rhino?

Anyway, here are the five finalists.

Taylor Anderson: Concord, MA

Born paralyzed on my right side, I am an unlikely golfer but all my life Mom encouraged me to reach for my goals. Doctors weren't encouraging but my Mom always believed. She devoted countless hours to medical appointments and therapies so I could participate in the "normal" world. When I expressed my interest in golfing with my Dad, she researched instructors until she found one willing to take on a handicapped student…



Michael Bradley: Silver Spring, MD

After serving in Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I had several personal obstacles to overcome. I was diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury and Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. When I arrived at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, I reconnected with a friend who'd lost his leg to a mortar attack. Sean was alive because of me; I saved him, little knowing that he'd save me...



Sean D’Arcy: Albuquerque, NM

I am blessed with two sons and a daughter that not only provided strength in difficult times but taught me what is significant in this world. We endured difficult times due to layoffs and a difficult divorce that left me three children to raise. During bleak times, it was the simplicity of a child or their honest view of the world that refocused me...



Charles G. Conner: Winston Salem, NC

When asked if any of us could remember a time when an adult in our lives or teacher spoke to us harshly or was unkind, most of us can recall such an occasion. We know that children will not remember all they were taught, but they will remember how they were treated! My eleventh grade biology teacher walked over to me in class one day and said, "You'll never amount to anything, Charles." I have always remembered that statement...



Tracy Sternberg: Raleigh, NC

I owe all my success to my stepfather, Bill Blackwell. He has shown me the value of building a foundation, learning basic skills and then honing them as I improve. He taught me that teamwork was a critical component to success…


This is pretty cool. I'm voting for Taylor, but that is just me. Who do you like out of the five? You can go check out each person's video and vote for them right here. Also, there is another picture of Gulbis. It's a win-win!

No comments: