Monday, May 7, 2012

Peter Alliss' Hall of Fame Speech Seemed Entertaining


I must admit, I don't really get that involved in the whole "World Golf Hall of Fame" thingy. Normally it is people that you already know a ton about, and I always seem to think, "Wait, they weren't already in the Hall of Fame" when I read the list of inductees.

But, boy, I wish I had seen the Peter Alliss speech. The picture above, courtesy of Shackleford's site, had Alliss giving the bird to the crowd, and the reasoning is below.

Alliss: "So it's time to‑‑ I could waffle on for another four or five hours. I just want to say this: I think of it often because I did leave school early. I was quite bright, but I remember my last report which was sent home. 


 We had a headmistress that my modest school was called cross by house school. She was a Mrs.Violet Weymouth, and she was a short Welsh woman. She always had a cigarette dangling out of her mouth and the smoke used to trickle up here, and you could see where the smoke went. There was sort of a brown line up there. But she was‑‑ you didn't mess about with Mrs. Weymouth, I can tell you that. I'm always staggered today where I read that children go to school and beat up the teachers. They wouldn't have done that in my day, I'll tell you. But I remember the last report she sent back to my parents, and it went something like this: 'Peter does have a brain, but he's rather loathe to use it. His only interests appear to be the game of golf and Violet Pretty', a girl I liked. She never knew about Iris Baker, but they were the two that introduced me to some of the ways of the world, for which I'll be eternally grateful. And although we were very young, I wish to God we could do it today.


'I fear for his future' were the last words she wrote on my report. So mom and dad died a long, long time ago, and if there is such a thing as heaven and if people do look down, well, Mom, Dad, here we are. Look at this lot. Look where I've been, look what I've done. Never worked very hard at it. But it's all fallen into place. Lovely family, lovely wife, looks after me, shouts a bit occasional. But they are remarkable. They put up with all my nonsense, and I love them dearly. 


And Mrs.Weymouth, if you're there, (holds up middle finger)."

Well played, Peter.

Other related golf news and articles:
-- Phil Mickelson jabs Tiger Woods during press conference
-- Rory McIlroy hits a golf shot like Happy Gilmore

6 comments:

Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren, nike free uk, nike tn, burberry pas cher, timberland pas cher, polo lacoste, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet, nike air force, jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban pas cher, nike free run, lululemon canada, guess pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, true religion jeans, nike air max, hollister uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, louboutin pas cher, nike air max uk, hogan outlet, north face, hollister pas cher, new balance, air max, north face uk, oakley pas cher, ray ban uk, sac hermes, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors, converse pas cher, nike roshe, longchamp pas cher

Unknown said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة كشف تسرب المياه بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
شركة كشف تسرب المياه بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة جلى بلاط بالدمام
شركة رش دفان بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الثعابين بالدمام

Obat Wasir Ampuh said...

jenis
keluar darah
kambuh
kenapa
kambuh lagi
kambuh terus
kencing
kencing
kencing
obat kaskus
herbal
perbedaan
itu
itu
itu apa
apakah
apakah itu hiv
apakah itu
apakah
istilah
hiv
hijau
herbal
termasuk hiv
saat hamil
obat hpai
bukan hiv
awal hiv
obat
obat
obat
obat
obat
obat
obat
obat

Freddi King said...

It is a wonderful information and also get good knowledge and ideas from this article. The author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every readers through this article.The good advantages of this article is giving good thought to each and every readers and also it’s giving good impressions. Looking forward to another article.
www.iasosource.com | www.emblemzone.com

Unknown said...

The Giants will lean on rookie Andre Williams for at least Nike Air Max 90 one more week in New York's backfield.


Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported Saturday that Rashad Jennings is not traveling with the team to Nike Free Run Seattle because of the knee injury that has shelved the veteran running back since Week 6. Officially listed as doubtful, Jennings' absence comes as no great suprise.

Also for Big Blue, defensive tackle wholesale jerseys shop Cullen Jenkins, cornerback Zack Bowman and pass rusher Mathias Kiwanuka are all questionable for Sunday's showdown with the Seahawks.

After showing tantalizing promise in the preseason, Williams has struggled of late in New York's backfield. The rookie hasn't topped four yards per carry in a game since Week 4 and spit out just 22 yards off Nike Roshe Run 12 attempts in Monday night's loss to the Colts. The Giants NFL Jerseys saw better production from second-year runner Michael Cox and the unkillable Peyton Hillis.

After throwing an outrageous 52 passes in the Indy defeat, new nike nfl jerseys Eli Manning is a candidate to take to the skies again if New York's running cheap sale jerseys game remains NFL Jerseys Store stuck in neutral against Seattle.

Michael Kors Black Friday 2016 said...

Michael Kors Handbags Ebay Uk
Sac A Main Kors
Sac Femme Pas Cher
Scania Coach Sales
Www Coach Com Sale
Sale On Coach Bags
Coach Outlet Online Store Authentic
Coach Com Handbags Sale
Coach Poppy Handbags
Coach Handbags Pink
Coach Bags On Sale
Poppy Coach Handbags