Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tiger Woods Gets the Best Endorsement of All: Chris Brown


You're the Tiger Woods PR team. You want some good love coming from people. Maybe Oprah could say something good about you. It wouldn't hurt if maybe Barack Obama commented that people can change. Oh, and that guy that beat up Rihanna? Yeah, you'd want him as well.

"My hat goes off to him," Chris says. "I support him. I hope he gets back on the field and does his thing because he is the best at it."

"I think people always deserve a second chance," he says. "I know my fans gave me a second chance and people gave me a second chance."
In Brown's mind, it's all about what you do in public, not behind closed doors.

"Whatever his personal life is--and I think this goes for me and him--his personal life is his personal life. Nobody has the right to place judgment or make any judgment on somebody else's personal life when they're not directly involved with them," he continues. "He plays golf. That's his sport, that's his hobby, that's his love, that's what people love him for. They don't love him for the other stuff that they talk about. Even with me, I do music, I sing songs, I'm an entertainer, I'm a performer. But people make mistakes."


Yep, people do make mistakes. Like, if a guy got married and cheated on his wife one night while on a business trip, that would be a mistake. It isn't right, but it is a mistake. Banging every female east of Pebble Beach, even in your family bed? Yeah, not really "making a mistake."

I would have loved to see the faces of Tiger's handlers when they saw this. I bet it was half "heads hits the desk" and half "is it too early to start spiking my coffee." Fun times for the Woods crew!

6 comments:

johnraser said...

...back on the "field". HAHA. Love it.

Mike Briggs said...

Haha, nice article.

Unknown said...

Shane, when did you become a Tiger hater?

I reread some of your December posts and, whereas they never condoned any of TW's actions, it appeared Tiger still possessed some human qualities.

Have I missed something in the past 2-3 days?

Shane B. said...

Vince,

Honestly, I think the speech kinda pushed me over the edge. I just think it was disingenuous and he could have done so much more with it. I was frustrated with it, and it seems he still doesn't really care what happened, just going through the motions.

Unknown said...

Shane, his speech sucked. But, I think it was the best he could do, considering.

Starting with his, "Hello, world" debut in 1996, he has never been very comfortable behind the microphone talking about anything but golf. Even his TW foundation speeches are stilted and sound canned. I think his immaturity is almost chronic.

I think he is genuinely sorry, but almost definitely because he got caught first.

I'm thinking this debacle will cost him $1B in endorsements over the next ten years...

Unknown said...

I hope he gets back on the field and does his thing because he is the best at it.

Presswire